As you age, you may find yourself considering more options to preserve your youthful appearance. One option is to have a facelift. However, there are many questions about this surgical procedure that people forget to ask. Fortunately, cosmetic surgery has seen many advancements over the years, and most questions can be answered easily during a consultation. Continue reading
Pregnancy and early parenthood are exhausting, and it often can show on an individual’s face. So it may be tempting for new Moms to erase that worn, tired look with Botox injections. Continue reading
For most, plastic surgery is seen strictly as cosmetic procedures designed to improve someone’s looks, to reduce wrinkles, or to reshape problem areas. In fact, most plastic surgery procedures can have unrecognized benefits that go far beyond a person’s appearance. Continue reading
Houston teenagers, like those across the country, have joined the trend of more and more youths who are choosing to get a nose job, or rhinoplasty, at earlier ages. Continue reading
Rhinoplasty can make a minor change or a radical change in your nose and facial appearance. Rhinoplasty trends for 2016 are not much different from the nose jobs of the recent past. Continue reading
Laser hair removal provides an effective way to eliminate unwanted hair with minimal discomfort. However, it is crucial for patients to take the right precautions before and after undergoing this treatment. Such steps will enhance the results and help prevent various side effects.
- During the initial consultation, patients should tell practitioners about any serious medical problems they have, and mention any medications they use. This is also an excellent time to ask questions about how the process works and what results can be expected.
- A person should not use wax to remove hair during the 45 days prior to this treatment. Likewise, electrolysis and plucking must be avoided. These techniques may prevent lasers from working properly. On the other hand, it is completely acceptable to simply shave the hair.
- Patients seeking removal of body hair ought to shave with unused, clean blades one day before the procedure. When an individual undergoes laser hair removal, leftover bacteria from a used razor could result in an irritating allergic reaction known as dermatitis.
- People should avoid sunlight exposure before and after receiving this treatment. Sun rays could discolor the surrounding skin, or cause other health problems to develop. If a job or other activity necessitates sun exposure, it is vital to use sunblock with a minimum SPF rating of 20.
- Individuals who easily become nervous ought to forgo caffeine during the 24 hours preceding this treatment. A variety of foods and drinks contain significant amounts of this substance. Among other things, they include most chocolate bars, sodas, coffees, and teas.
Although some hair is immediately eliminated during a laser hair removal procedure, patients must be prepared for gradual shedding. The targeted hairs typically fall out over a period of up to three weeks; therefore, patients should be sure to follow all doctor recommendations concerning aftercare with this procedure. Individuals should also seek advice from their practitioners if they experience any unusual symptoms during this phase.
Nose reshaping, or rhinoplasty, is one of the most challenging cosmetic surgeries to perform due to the delicate composition of cartilage and bone found in your nose. Permanent deformity could result from poor surgical technique. Continue reading